Which band should I choose?
- Original Nanit camera - Use the 2.4GHz band for better performance. Make sure your phone is paired to your 2.4 GHz network before starting the pairing process.
- Nanit plus camera - Use the 5GHz band for best performance. Make sure your phone is paired to your 5GHz network before starting the pairing process.
If you have the original Nanit camera and you’re experiencing an unstable or intermittent connection to Nanit, or less than ideal audio feedback, your Nanit may be connected to your home’s 5GHz Wi-Fi network, and we suggest switching to your 2.4GHz network instead.
What do I do if I only see one network?
If you only see one network when pairing your devices to your home Wi-Fi network your router most likely broadcasts both bands on the same network.
If you have a Nanit Plus camera, there’s nothing to worry about and you should continue using Nanit as is.If you have an original Nanit camera, you might want to force the use of 2.4GHz network to make sure you get the best experience.
- Open the settings menu by pressing the gear icon.
- Select your baby's camera.
- Tap 'Advanced.'
- Toggle the 'Force 2.4 GHz network' option to 'ON.'
If the name of the network doesn’t help you determine which band it’s using, you’ll need to go to your router’s settings. If you’re not sure how to access your router’s settings, you may want to seek help from the person or internet service provider that originally set up Wi-Fi in your home.