Frequent disconnects, poor audio and/or video
We want to help you maintain a quality connection, always. If you’re seeing frequent disconnections in your live video stream or Night summaries, there are a few things you can try below to ensure you're getting the best connection every time:
- Update the Nanit app
- Close and relaunch the Nanit app
- Check Nanit’s network level
- Move your router closer to Nanit/Move Nanit closer to your router
- Make sure your Wi-Fi network is available and working
- Switch between 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Check your Wi-Fi bandwidth
Switch between 2.4GHz and 5GHz
Nanit has a unique hardware design that in some cases may provide better performance when connected to the 2.4GHz frequency. Some common indicators that you may need to switch Nanit’s Wi-Fi connection to 2.4GHz are as follows:
- Audio Feedback
- Frequent and random disconnects
- Long video stream loading times/failure to refresh
- Low bandwidth indicated
Nanit recommends switching Nanit’s connection to 2.4GHz. Some models of wireless routers combine the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies under a single network name (SSID). Most modern routers support dual-band routing, which means they broadcast both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks. Depending on where your Nanit is located, one network may offer a more dependable connection over the other. If you have both networks available, try switching between them to see if this improves Nanit’s connection.
To change Wi-Fi networks:
- Open the Nanit application and tap the Settings tab.
- Tap the camera that is experiencing connection problems.
- Tap 'Advanced'.
- Tap '(Re)pair your Nanit with your network'.
About maintaining a quality connection in your home
Controlling which frequency Nanit connects to can be arduous. It’s best to become familiar with your router’s capabilities by reviewing the user guide. This will help you configure your router to split the two frequencies with a unique network name (SSID) for each frequency.
Keep in mind that the position of Nanit to your router is important as well. It’s highly recommended that you position Nanit on the same level as your Wi-Fi router and within 20’.
If possible, move your Wi-Fi router to obtain a stronger signal path to Nanit. If you have limitations on the location of your router, avoid positioning Nanit in a room directly above or below your Wi-Fi router to limit any impact caused by Nanit’s EMF shield.