What is the Developmental Milestones feature?
The Developmental Milestones feature automatically captures a video of your baby when they achieve specific developmental milestones in the crib for the first time. These videos are available to you in the Memories tab to save and share with friends and family!
How does Developmental Milestones work?
This feature requires an Insights Ultimate subscription. Once subscribed to this tier, Nanit’s algorithm will begin to detect opportunities to capture videos of your baby achieving the specified developmental milestones. Learn more about our algorithm here: How does Nanit actually work?
Milestones can be captured during the day and night. It may take up to 24 hours for your video to process and appear in the Memories tab after the milestone occurs. You should expect to receive a video three times for each milestone. After three videos, you will not receive any additional videos for that milestone.
Requirements for Developmental Milestones:
- Camera generation: All
- Mount type: Wall Mount, Floor Stand
- Insights Subscription level: Ultimate
Which Developmental Milestones can Nanit capture, and when should I expect to get these Milestone videos?
- Rolled over from belly to back (3-5 months)
- Rolled over from back to belly (3-5 months)
- Sitting for more than 10 sec (5-8 months)
- Laying on back to sitting (6-8 months)
- Laying on belly to sitting (6-8 months)
- Standing for more than 10 seconds (8-11 months)
- Laying on back to standing (8-11 months)
- Laying on belly to standing (8-11 months)
- Sitting to standing (8-11 months)
Troubleshooting: What if I don’t receive a Developmental Milestone or notice an error?
- Ensure that your Nanit meets the requirements listed above for camera generation, mount type, and Insights subscription tier.
- If your data is frequently incorrect, check that your Nanit camera is positioned properly above the crib to ensure that our Analytics function optimally.
- If your camera is positioned properly and you are still experiencing inaccuracies, send a report via the app or reach out to our Support team for further troubleshooting.