Power adapter and USB cable
The device comes with a USB adapter wall plug and a USB cable.
NOTE: Always use the Nanit supplied power adapter and cable.
When you are ready to set up the device, first plug the cable to the device, then plug the cable to the USB adapter and then plug the adapter into the outlet.
The device has an internal rechargeable battery that can last up to 8 hours (depending on the device usage pattern).
Important: When the device is unplugged from the power outlet, turn the power switch to “Off,” or the device will use battery power. Powering “Off” will preserve battery life.
Device Control Overview
Power switch (located on the bottom of the device)
The device is shipped with its power switch set to “Off.”
To set up the device, plug it to the power outlet and turn the power switch to “ON”.
To travel with your device and preserve its battery, turn the power switch to “Off.”
This button has multiple purposes. Note: Check that the power switch on the bottom is “On.”
- A single short press will take the device between “Standby” mode (shown as “OFF” on the display and in app) and “Play” mode, when a combination of light and/or sound is used (shown as “On” on the display and in app). When taken from “Standby” to “Play”, the first stored Favorite setting will be played.
- A double short press skips to the next stored Favorite.
- A single long (over 1 second) press turns on and off “Quick Night Light,” a soft white night light, regardless of the previous played combination of sound and light. Another long press will return the device to its previous setting.
Light Brightness Buttons (Located On The Back Of The Device)
Use the (+/-) buttons to increase or decrease the brightness of the night light.
A single press will change the brightness in increments of one; a long press will apply increments of five.
The front display will indicate the brightness level.
Sound Volume Buttons (Located On The Back Of The Device)
Use the (+/-) buttons to increase or decrease the volume of the soundtracks.
A single press will change the volume in increments of one, a long press will apply increments of five.
The front display will indicate the volume level.
Pressing and holding both lower buttons on the back (brightness and volume) for more than 10 seconds will perform a reset to the device, wiping out the stored wifi networks, Favorites, Routines and any other settings.
Pressing and holding both upper buttons on the back (brightness and volume) for more than 5 seconds will put the device into pairing mode, allowing you to pair the device with up to 5 different wifi networks. For more information, visit here.
Indicator lights (located on the bottom of the device)
The bottom of the device has 4 indicator lights. NOTE: Lights will turn on only after you flip the device over.
- Battery/Power: Whenever the indicator light is on, it means that the device is powered up. When the light is blue, the device is fully charged. When the light is green, the device is charging. When the light is yellow-orange, the battery is being used and discharging. When the light is red, battery power is low, plug in the device to power as soon as possible.
- Wifi – When lit, the device is connected to a wifi network. Visit here and here to learn more about pairing the device to a wifi network.
- Microphone mute: When lit, the microphone is muted. To enable or disable the microphone, visit the Advanced settings in the app.
- Device top button locked: When lit, a routine that is running was set in a way that disables the option to stop it using the top button. You can disable the routine from the app or by turning the power switch on the bottom to “Off”. Visit here for more information about routines.
The device has a digital clock on the front that is also used to display certain indications, such as the device being “On” or “OFF” (“Standby” mode).
Set the clock to desired brightness or completely disable it from the Clock Display Settings in the app.