While you can operate the Nanit Sound and Light device directly using its buttons, the Nanit Sound And Light App also allows many control settings to be managed remotely:
- Pair the Nanit Light and Sound device to Wi-Fi.
- Control the device from outside the nursery.
- Configure advanced aspects of the device, such as storing favorites, scheduling routines, and adjusting settings.
FYI, the device meets the sound requirements for children products. In maximal volume it will not emit more than 85dB measured at 50 cm away from the device.
In this tab you can:
- Turn the device on or off (“Standby” mode)
- Select the desired light color and brightness
- Select the desired soundtrack and volume
- Save a certain sound and light combination as a favorite or as a routine
The Nanit Sound and Light device can store up to 20 different combinations of sound and light. Those stored combinations are called Favorites.
When turning the device on by pressing the top button once, the first stored Favorite will be played. When pressing the top button twice quickly, the device will skip to the next stored favorite.
Favorites enable users to:
- Play a stored Favorite by tapping it
- Create a new Favorite through the app by tapping the “Add new Favorite” button on the bottom, choosing your desired sound and light combination, and naming it
- Update an existing Favorite by tapping “Edit” on the top right hand side and then tapping the Favorite to be edited
- Change the order of Favorites stored on the device, using the app. Tap “Edit” on the top right side, then drag and rearrange Favorites
- Delete a Favorite by tapping “Edit” on the top right side and tapping the (-) icon next to that Favorite
NOTE: If performing a device reset, the list of Favorites will return to its factory settings.
Routines allow users to schedule certain sound and light combinations to automatically start at a desired time and day(s). For example, signal to a child that it is now OK to wake up by setting a Routine with a green light on the device each weekday at 7AM.
The Routines feature enable users to:
- Create a new Routine through the app by tapping the “Add new Routine” button
- Choose the desired sound and light combination for that Routine
- Name the Routine
- Choose what time it should start
- Choose which days it should take place (Choosing Mon-Fri will be shown as “Weekdays”. Choosing Sat-Sun will be shown as “Weekend”. Choosing all days will be shown as “Every day”)
- Choose if to set an end time for the routine. When not set, only a user intervention (through device or app) would stop the routine
- Choose whether to disable the ability to turn off the Routine using the top button. When “Disable top button” is disabled, pressing the top button will stop the Routine that is being played.
When enabled, users can only stop the Routine via the app or by turning off the power switch. In this mode, the top button will only allow a long press to turn on Quick Night Light. Any other press will cause the display to show the letters “APP”, indicating to use the App to turn the device off.
- Preview the Routine Sound and Light combination on the device.
- Save the new Routine
- Change an existing Routine by tapping “Edit” on the top right side, then tapping the Routine to edit
- Delete an existing Routine by tapping “Edit” on the top right side,then tapping the (-) icon next to that Routine
NOTE: Schedule one Routine to start at a time.
TIP: To create a sequence of sound and light combinations, you can create multiple routines, each with the desired start time.
NOTE: If performing a device reset, the list of Routines will return to its factory settings
Side Menu (3 lines menu)
Tap the 3 lines menu on the top left side to access the following sub-menus:
- Nanit Camera: Tap to access the Nanit Camera App.
- Switch between different Sound and Light devices
- <Device Name> Settings: Control various device settings. NOTE: If performing a device reset, these settings will revert to factory default.
- Account Settings: Update account information or log out of the app