In order to allow your Nanit camera to properly measure your baby’s growth, we recommend that you follow the instructions below.
- Provide a clear line of sight between the camera and the Smart Sheets pattern.
- Use only one of our birds-eye-view stands (Floor Stand or Wall Mount) when taking measurements.
- Put the Smart Sheet on your baby’s crib mattress. Make sure all four patterns are visible and that the sheet is smooth. The NSF recommends not putting any objects inside your baby’s crib. This will also reduce the chances of covering the Smart Sheets pattern.
- When it’s time to place your baby in the crib, make sure they are in the center of the image before taking the clip for 10 seconds.
- Make sure you can clearly see your baby’s head, shoulders, waist, knees, and heels. Dress your baby in clothes in which the legs are clearly visible and preferably bare. Avoid taking measurements when your baby is wearing a sleep sack or swaddle.
- Lay your baby flat on their back, with their head, knees and heels touching the mattress.
- Ideally at least one of your baby's legs will be extended straight down.