Almost all babies wiggle, squirm, and curl up when they’re left to their own devices. This is a natural process as they discover their hands and feet and explore their tiny world. While this can be adorable, it can also pose some difficulties when you’re trying to measure your baby’s height with Smart Sheets. Here are some tips that other Nanit parents shared to help get the best pose for measurement.
- Keep your baby focused on you. Talking to them, singing to them, and getting them to maintain eye contact can keep them preoccupied and make them less likely to squirm around.
- Try distracting your baby the best way you know how. This can mean a song, a rattle, a toy, or even just their pacifier if they use one.
- Some parents have suggested tickling their babies knees or toes reflexively makes their babies stretch their legs out.
- Don’t worry about being perfect. Your baby’s legs can be slightly bent. As long as they are flat on the mattress, the in-app measurement tool will allow you to make adjustments.
- If none of the above help, try again later when your baby’s feeling a bit more cooperative. You can easily start a new measurement session in seconds with the Nanit app. When the perfect opportunity pops up, you’ll be ready.