We've introduced a practical tool to keep you closely connected with your baby's needs—the Cry Detection feature for Nanit Camera. Your Camera will detect and notify you when it senses the sound of a crying baby. This function ensures you're promptly informed whenever your baby requires attention.
Requirements for Camera Cry Detection:
Camera generation: Nanit Pro
Mount type: All
Nanit Insights Subscription level: Sleep, Memories, or Milestones
How Cry Detection with the Nanit Camera Works
With Cry Detection enabled, when your baby cries for at least 3 seconds, you will receive a push notification to your device. When you tap the notification, you will be brought to the live screen so you can check in on your little one.
To avoid overwhelming you, we've implemented a minimum 60-second silence wait between crying events before the next cry push notification is sent. This way, you're informed without feeling inundated.
Each user on a Camera’s parenting team can decide if they would like to have cry detection turned on or off. While it’s possible to have both sound notifications and cry detection turned on simultaneously, some users may choose to have just one turned on at a time to avoid receiving too many notifications.
Getting Started with Cry Detection with the Nanit Camera:
- Ensure your camera is properly connected and located next to your baby’s crib
- Open the Nanit App
- Tap the side menu
- If you have multiple Nanit cameras, select the desired camera
- Tap your baby's settings
- Navigate to 'Notifications' > 'Sound Notification.'
- Use the cry notification toggle to enable cry detection.
- The feature works best when the camera is optimally positioned over the crib with a Floor Stand or Wall Mount, or with a Flex Stand placed within 3-6 feet of your baby. Note: always keep the Flex Stand cord at least 3ft away from the baby to prevent strangulation hazard.
- Ensure that the camera is not near a TV, speakers, or any other disruptive noise source.