The Nanit multi-stand is a versatile stand that allows you to free Nanit from the wall, while still allowing you to keep a close eye on your baby. You can take it with you when you travel, use it as a Nanny cam, or use it to monitor your baby as they sleep in a bassinet. Either way, Nanit has you covered.
Sound & Motion Notifications
Nanit can notify you anytime it detects sound or motion events in the room. You can adjust the sound and motion sensitivity from the Settings tab in the Nanit app, just as you would with the wall stand.
For tips on adjusting Nanit’s sound and motion sensitivity, click here.
If you’re subscribed to Nanit Insights, you can view each sound and motion event from the Activity tab. At the top of the screen, you can flip between "Insights only" and "All activities". While using the multi-stand, the default configuration will be "All activities".
Note: The multi-stand does not provide the same birds-eye view as the wall stand, so Nanit will not be able to detect when your child falls asleep, wakes up, or receives a visit. Additionally, you will not receive sleep summaries while using the multi-stand.
Assembly & Setup
Setting up the multi-stand is very easy, and can be done in a few steps. Before you begin, make sure your Nanit camera has been paired to your Nanit account, by following the steps outlined here.
- If your Nanit camera is currently connected to the wall stand, press in and hold the grey button at the top of the stand, directly behind the camera. Then, slowly pull the camera away from the stand.
- Align the ports of the camera and multi-stand, then connect them together. Be careful not to bend the ports while connecting the camera to the stand, as this can cause irreversible damage.
- Place the multi-stand base on a level nightstand, table, or countertop.
- Carefully run the power cable from the stand to the nearest wall outlet, and plug it in.
- Allow 15-30 seconds for Nanit to power on and connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Nanit app to view your camera, and adjust the camera angle accordingly.
If you’re setting up Nanit on a new Wi-Fi network, you’ll need to re-pair the camera from the Nanit app. Here’s how:
- Tap the Settings tab.
- Tap the camera you’re setting up.
- Tap 'Advanced'.
- Tap '(Re)pair your Nanit with your Network'.
- Follow the onscreen pairing instructions.
If you’re unfamiliar with the pairing process, click here to learn how.