Nanit can be configured to send you alerts when the following triggers occur:
- When a specific level of motion or sound is detected in your baby's nursery
- Within an ‘Alert Zone’ in a specific room
- When the temperature or humidity goes below or above the designated threshold
- When there’s something new in your Nanit App inbox
- When your crib is not positioned optimally for Nanit algorithms to work
- When a member of your parenting team comments on one of your baby’s moments
Note: Your baby’s sleeping habits will change over time, so we suggest adjusting your notification settings as your baby gets older.
You can adjust notifications by following the steps below:
1. Open the Nanit app
2. Tap the side menu
3. If you have more than one Nanit camera - Tap the camera you’d like to adjust
4. Choose your baby’s settings
5. Tap 'Notifications'
Nanit can let you know when it observes motion in or around the crib. You have the ability to set the motion area, as well as the sensitivity.
Sensitivity: To be alerted each time your baby stirs, turn on motion notifications and select maximum sensitivity. If you’d like to receive fewer notifications, select minimum or disable the motion toggle.
There is a cooldown period of about two minutes between Motion and Alert Zone events, during which you will not receive notifications for new movements. This is to avoid continuous notifications caused by high sensitivity.
If you are having trouble with Motion notifications, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Try using pajamas and crib sheets that contrast each other to help differentiate movement.
- Perform a basic power cycle of your Nanit camera - remove the camera from the stand and unplug it from the wall for about five minutes, and then re-attach the camera back on the stand and let it boot back up
- While it is power cycling, please also uninstall/reinstall the app on your phone
- Perform a hard reset of your Nanit camera
Your Nanit can let you know when it detects sounds in the nursery.
To be alerted each time your baby coos, turn on sound alert notifications and select maximum sensitivity.
Note: In order to receive sound alerts, audio must be enabled on Nanit.
Nanit can let you know when it detects movement in the area you define as the Alert Zone. Alert Zone notifications use the same logic as Motion Alerts (see “Motion Alerts” section above for more information).
Alert Zone is only compatible with the Flex Stand. Learn more about Alert Zone here.
Crib positioning alert
Nanit can notify you when the position of your crib is not optimal for Nanit algorithms to work.
Some common reasons for crib alerts include:
- The crib or camera has been moved.
- There is an object obstructing Nanit’s view.
- There is an object hanging on the edge of the crib.
To learn more about how to properly position your crib and camera, click here.
Correctly positioning your crib
In order for Nanit to know when you’re visiting or taking your baby out of the crib, you must leave about 10 to 12 inches of space alongside the crib. Additionally, Nanit requires a full view of the crib area to properly monitor your baby. The image below shows a properly positioned crib.
If you’re having trouble positioning the crib, try adjusting the angle of the Nanit camera by loosening the knob near the top of the stand and positioning the camera. Once you’ve properly adjusted the angle, be sure to tighten the knob.
After completing the set up for Nanit, if you ever move your crib and need to reposition the parent pickup zone/crib area you can adjust this setting in your Nanit App:
1. Open the Nanit app.
2. Tap the side menu.
3. If you have more than one Nanit camera - Select the Nanit camera you wish to reposition
4. Choose your baby’s settings
5. Select ‘Position Crib’
Anytime a member of the parenting team comments on a moment, you’ll receive a comment notification. When you tap on the notification, you’ll be directed to the moment the new comment was posted on, so you can reply to it.