When you pair your Nanit with a Wi-Fi network, Nanit saves the credentials for easy connection in the future. Sometimes, this needs to be forgotten or reset to prevent unwanted connections. To effectively reset your saved Wi-Fi pairings on your Nanit, you can follow the steps below:
- Confirm your Nanit is receiving power. The camera must be powered on, working and fully attached to the stand/mount.
- Locate the recessed master reset button on the back of your Nanit camera. The pinhole is located to the left of the connect button on the back of the camera.
- Prepare a paper clip or an appropriate tool that will fit all the way into the pinhole. We suggest using a blunt metal tool. Never stick a sharp object into a Nanit.
- Insert your tool into the pinhole until you feel a button being pushed, pushing this button will reset the camera.
- If the reset was successful it will take the camera a few seconds for the RED IR to flash and for the camera to make a low click sound, but you may not hear it. Now, simply wait for your Nanit Camera's Night Light to flash 2 times, this is your main indicator that the camera has been successfully reset and is ready to for you to move on to the in-app instructions for setting up your camera. It can take a full 3-minutes for the reset to complete.
- Now that the camera is ready to be paired open the Settings tab in the Nanit app.
- Tap ‘(Your baby’s name)’.
- Tap ‘Advanced’.
- Tap ‘Pair Nanit with your network’ and follow the onscreen instructions to pair your Nanit.