Nanit Breathing Wear is designed to help you safely and comfortably track your baby’s Breathing Motion. It is important to follow all instructions for proper use of Nanit Breathing Wear. Please carefully read the warnings below to ensure that you are safely using Nanit Breathing Wear. Nanit Breathing Wear is designed and intended for families with healthy infants. Always follow safe sleep practices.
⚠ WARNING! SUFFOCATION HAZARD
- NEVER allow the Nanit Swaddle or Breathing Band to cover the babyʼs mouth or nose.
- The pattern on the chest area must be in view by the camera at all times for proper monitoring. NEVER cover with blankets, quilts, clothing, or other bedding.
- Ensure Swaddle or Breathing Band is not too tight or too loose. It should be snug around your babyʼs torso. If you can fit two fingers fairly comfortably between the band and their tummy, it fits well.
- Do not over tighten the Swaddle flap or Breathing Band around the baby, as this may restrict breathing and cause suffocation.
- Swaddle or Breathing Band must be snugly adjusted around child so that it will move with childʼs chest but not tight enough to restrict breathing.
- Remove Swaddle and Breathing Band from crib when not in use.
- Never use the Nanit Swaddle or Breathing Band on an under-sized infant who cannot be wrapped with a snug fit.
- Avoid overheating:
- Baby should be wearing lightweight clothing, and room temperature should be between 68° and 72° F (20°- 22° C).
- Do not use the Swaddle or Breathing Band on a baby who is ill and has a fever, as this can further increase body temperature.
- Baby should not feel hot to the touch.
- Discontinue use if fabric fasteners or product becomes damaged.
- ONLY use the Nanit Swaddle while your baby is lying on their back.
- NEVER use the Nanit Swaddle when your baby can roll from back to stomach.
Breathing Band Use
- ONLY use the Breathing Band wrapped under the babyʼs arms, with a snug fit around their torso. The babyʼs arms must be outside of the band.
- Discontinue use if child will not keep Breathing Band secured in place or kicks it off, or if the fabric no longer fastens securely.
- Remove Breathing Band from child when out of the crib. Do not allow child to wear Breathing Band when outside of crib.